You are here
TSET Healthy Incentive Grants - Communities
Improving Health at the Local Level
The TSET Healthy Incentive Program for Communities is designed to help cities, towns and municipalities adopt and implement best and promising practices for tobacco-free environments, access to healthy and nutritious foods, physical activity opportunities in an effort to improve the health, reduce risk factors for heart disease, strokes, cancer and improve quality of life for residents.
The grant year begins July 1, 2020 and ends June 30, 2021. Funds for the TSET Healthy Incentive Program for Communities are limited and applications will be accepted during two set application periods during the year. The TSET Board of Directors will be presented with a list of potential awardees at the November 2020 and March 2021 meetings.
The next application period for FY21 will open on January 4, 2021 and close February 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
A staff member of the interested city must email Connie Befort, Healthy Incentive Grant Program Manager, at [email protected] and provide their contact information and interest in applying. The Program Manager will call the city staff member to discuss at length, the grant details, criteria requirements and application process.
A list of past grant recipients can be found here.
- Applications may be submitted at any time while the funding cycle is open.
- Potential applicants are advised that funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis and that demand under this program often exceeds available funds.
- Complete the application with the required information and documents or verbiage and submit for approval.
- Once your application is submitted and you receive a confirmation email, the application has been placed into the queue for funding consideration in the order in which it was received.
- Applications will be reviewed for funding consideration based upon the documents and information submitted.
- Eligible applications will be presented to the Board of Directors for funding consideration.
- Upon TSET’s review, if any application is deemed to be incomplete, improperly completed or otherwise ineligible based on the information submitted, the application will be rejected.
- Within one business day following the TSET Board of Directors meeting, the contact for each of the applications will be emailed the status of their application. All applicants—funded, unfunded, and ineligible—will be notified via email.
- Board of Directors meeting schedule can be found here TSET Board of Directors meeting
- Any applicant who receives a rejected application notice may reapply in the next cycle. However, they will go through the process as a new applicant, just as before. The new application will reenter the funding consideration queue at a new position upon successful submission.
- If you have questions regarding the submission of your application or the review and/or funding timeline, please contact [email protected]