Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust
Board of Directors
Health Communication Manager
Applications are now closed.
The mission of TSET is to improve the health and quality of life of all Oklahomans through accountable programs and services that address the hazards of tobacco use and other health issues.
The Health Communication Manager is primarily responsible for assisting with public relations and marketing strategy development and oversight with an emphasis on project planning, development, implementation and evaluation of statewide comprehensive program marketing components.
The Health Communication Manager will work under the direction of the Director of Health Communication and Marketing and with other staff, contractors, collaborative partners or grantees as appropriate to develop and manage effective comprehensive marketing campaigns utilizing social marketing strategies where applicable.
The Health Communication Manager will collaborate with other public and private organizations to enhance the agency’s programs through campaigns and activities as directed by the Director of Health Communication and Marketing.
The Health Communication Manager will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Health Communication and Marketing, with job performance to be evaluated by the Director of Health Communication and Marketing.
GOALS AND WORKER ACTIVITIES:
- Manage, monitor, and participate in research, planning, development, implementation, evaluation and oversight of statewide health communications campaigns by combining marketing, public relations and advertising efforts with TSET staff, collaborative partners and contractors.
- Develops, coordinates, tracks, analyzes and consults on statewide activities.
- Works with staff and partners integrating messaging research into communications efforts for grantees and collaborative partners.
- Utilizes current national research on effective campaign and message planning.
- Provides comprehensive campaign project management including contract monitoring, arrangement of team meetings, creation and maintenance of work schedules, and provision of feedback regarding results, quality, and project deliverables with contractors and other collaborative partners.
- Manages and develops communication tools and information for program-related website(s) and other technology-based communication tools and platforms.
- Coordinates events of varying sizes and types, represents agency and/or presents at conferences and develops and/or facilitates communication trainings.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Health Communication and Marketing on day-to-day activities on assigned projects.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and collaborative relationships with contractors, TSET staff and collaborative partners.
- Willingness to fulfill job-related travel normally associated with this position.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of skills and interests that include knowledge of strategic communications for paid, earned and owned media, a desire to collaborate with program staff collaborative partners and contractors, and a commitment to building the marketing capacity of TSET staff, appropriate contract staff and grantees along with:
- all aspects of and experience in marketing, public relations, advertising and social-marketing principles, methods and tactics including extensive knowledge of social media as well as tradition and digital media;
- advanced usage of English language, including grammar and composition;
- project management processes and understanding of project management and leadership.
- working with advertising/media agency(ies), media buying, earned media placement, message framing, news writing and research, social media, publishing techniques and procedures, media monitoring and analysis (including post-buys to determine the reach, frequency and impact of media campaigns).
Abilities required to:
- develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people, to facilitate progress toward goal achievement;
- manage change effectively;
- practice and uphold public relations principles and codes of ethics;
- conduct research, analyze and communicate results;
- plan, organize and direct the work of contractors, support staff, team members and monitor project budgets and timelines.
- Proficient in the use of Mircrosoft Office Products, Adobe Pro, and other health communications software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The Health Communication Manager must have a combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and expectations contained in this position description. At a minimum, a candidate for the position must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in public relations, advertising, marketing, communications and/or journalism and a minimum of five years of professional-level experience utilizing marketing, advertising and public relations principles and techniques and graphic design terminology and practices.
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $65,000
TSET – Health Communication Manager
Closing Date: Applications are now closed.
Electronic resumes with cover letter MUST be received by 4:30 p.m. on closing date and may be sent to:
Physical resumes with cover letter submitted by mail may be sent to:
Sjonna Paulson, APR
Director of Health Communications and Marketing
Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust
3800 N. Classen Blvd., Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73118