*This position is now closed*
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Accountant will be assigned responsibilities involving professional level work in the maintenance, analysis, interpretation and management of financial accounting data. This includes the preparation and posting of various journals, ledgers and accounts, analysis and presentation of financial data, and preparation of financial statements and expenditure reports, review and approval of various vouchers and invoices for payment, analyzing budget requirements, preparing payroll data, allocation of funds to various accounts or functions, preparing purchase orders and change orders, and other similar activities.
Accountant’s duties include:
- Maintain financial information.
- Reviewing and processing routine vouchers and invoices for payment.
- Preparing routine or standardized accounting reports and financial statements.
- Performing reconciliations of simple accounting transactions.
- Assist in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of budget work programs.
- Maintain various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records.
- Classifies expenditures and posts to various accounts as required.
- Creates requisitions, purchase orders and change orders in PeopleSoft.
- Perform regular financial reviews of grantees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will not supervise.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or a closely related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of accounting for each year of the required degree.
$45,000 - $50,000/annually plus benefits
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
- Knowledge of financial statements and reports.
- Knowledge of accounting ledgers and journals.
- Knowledge of computer technology related to accounting systems.
- Ability to prepare basic financial statements and reports.
- Ability to review and analyze financial information.
- Ability to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and cultures.
- Ability to handle confidential work with tact and discretion; and to triage and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy.
Closing Date: Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Resume with cover letter submitted by mail may be sent to:
Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust
3800 N. Classen Blvd, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Electronic resumes MUST be received by 4:30 p.m. on closing date and may be sent to: LaToshiaB@tset.ok.gov